Abbey School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection Policy.
The Children Act 1989 places a clear responsibility on schools to ensure that they work together with other agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children. If any concerns are raised that a child may be suffering from abuse or neglect, we have a legal obligation to report this to the Children, Schools and Families service. We will ensure that any concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
We actively support the Government’s Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism.
- Our Designated Senior Person for Child protection (DSP) is Mrs Linda O’Melia (Headteacher)
- Our Deputy DSPs are Mrs Fiona Fraser and Mrs Kate Crisp
- The Designated Safeguarding Governor is Mrs Katie Wright
All adults coming into contact with children in the school have been DBS checked.
- Visitors Protocol (262.35KB)
This Online Safety Awareness presentation may be useful for parents:
- Online Safety Awareness (1.25MB)