In the education of children at the Abbey School, we value:
- the Christian ethos of the school within the Anglican tradition;
- the individuality of each child within the school community;
- the right of every child to the best quality education within a safe, secure and supportive learning environment;
- the importance of teaching children to become responsible and caring citizens in the 21st century.
The Abbey School is a voluntary aided school affiliated to the Church of England, and it enjoys strong links with St Albans Cathedral, which is its parish church. The schools’ Christian ethos permeates all areas of school life. You can visit the Cathedral website by clicking on the link below.
Many families send their children to the Abbey School because they value a church school education. We have many children from practising Christian families, as well as children from religions other than Christianity and some from non-religious backgrounds.
As a church school, to ensure that an open and inclusive Christian Faith underpins the experiences of the children in our care. The different faith backgrounds of both children and staff are respected and embraced at all times.
Parents have the right to withdraw their children from acts of Collective Worship if they wish. Teachers may also withdraw from Collective Worship.
- Collective Worship Policy (79.90KB)