Our Vision Statement
A vision statement describes our destination, where we want to go and what we aspire to be.
To build foundations, inspired by Christian values, that nurture and empower confident citizens of the future to lead and serve.
Values describe the guiding principles of our school and how we want to behave and interact. They describe “how” we will deliver our Mission. They will show how we will behave and act on our journey.
We work hard to achieve our aims and live up to our Christian values:
A mission is our core purpose, why we exist. It explains how we will to get to our Vision.
Together we learn, we care, we achieve – for ourselves, for each other, and for the community in which we live.
Aims are specific things we will do to deliver our Mission and achieve our Vision. They usually describe what we will do and what will be different as a result. Aims are usually measurable or trackable.
- Our school environment provides a safe, nurturing, positive and dynamic learning place, shaped by our Christian values, that enables us to grow – intellectually, spiritually, creatively and physically
- Our teaching offers a broad, challenging and outstanding education that every pupil can access to reach their full potential
- Our approach to learning will nurture the skills, motivation and working habits that inspire a positive attitude to independent learning and thinking so that every pupil approaches the future with confidence
- We will nurture and celebrate British values (democracy, rule of law, individual freedom, mutual respect and tolerance of difference) and promote awareness of the world around us, so that pupils are responsible citizens
- We value the unique individuality of each member of the whole school community. We celebrate those things we have in common and our differences
- We work in constructive partnership with parents and carers to achieve outstanding outcomes for every child
Written in consultation with all sections of the Abbey School community January 2018.