Welcome to Year 3.
Our class teachers are Mrs Roach (Mon-Wed) and Mrs Murden (Thu-Fri) and our teaching assistants are Mrs Clarke and Mrs Beckley.
- SPAG Knowledge Organisers Year 3 (344.52KB)
- Recommended Booklist Year 3 (13.54KB)
- Writing Curriculum Progression of Skills (48.13KB)
- Subject on a Page - Writing (60.69KB)
- Subject on a Page - Reading (60.76KB)
- Optional Home Learning Guidance (667.31KB)
- Optional Home Learning Pack (1.89MB)
- Optional Home Learning Practical Ideas (771.86KB)
- Continuous Cursive Handwriting Information (456.56KB)
- KS2 Spelling Overview (538.42KB)
Our trip to the Alban Arena!
Today the whole of Abbey School visited the Alban Arena to marvel at ‘Elf the Musical’!
It was just what we needed to get us in the Christmas spirit!
Lots of singing, dancing, catchy tunes and jokes… smiles all round!
Our new Science topic – rocks, soils and fossils
Last week we began our new Science topic where we started to look closely at a variety of different rocks. We talked about where we find rocks and where we think they come from. We all agreed that not all rocks are the same. Then we took a closer inspection of a range of sedimentary, igneous and metamorphic rocks as well as some shells and man-made ‘rocks’ such as bits of brick. The children then worked in small groups to group and sort their rocks in different ways. Some groups focused on colour, others on size, some on man-made and natural and others on fossils and non-fossils.